Poseidons Will
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poseidons Will

The forum for the Poseidon's Will alliance.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Town setup!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ImDaSpecailKid

ImDaSpecailKid

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 am

HELLO! i wanted to ask what you guys think is the best town set up. i usually aim for 5marbles, 3wines 2crystal and 2sulphurs. but that is because im boring and too lazy to farm alot Razz but i know people with only crystal towns and only sulphur towns (i had to lol when i saw those towns Razz)

and also do you rather your towns close together or further apart?
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
Admin
DarkChaos

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 am

Towns really need to be near each other. When I was in Alpha I had two towns in one area and I had three towns half way across the world. It was a pain to transport resources.
Back to top Go down
https://poseidons-will.forumotion.co.uk
ImDaSpecailKid

ImDaSpecailKid

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:05 am

DarkChaos wrote:
Towns really need to be near each other. When I was in Alpha I had two towns in one area and I had three towns half way across the world. It was a pain to transport resources.
define near? in Xi.com my towns are in a circle around 3hours away from each other. and that works pretty well
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
Admin
DarkChaos

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:10 am

Well, I would suggest maybe having towns at a maximum of two hours away.
Back to top Go down
ImDaSpecailKid

ImDaSpecailKid

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 am

on here and Pi i have chosen to have my colonies very close. i even moved one on Rho, something ive never done before. and on Pi all my colonies are on the same respective islands, in the same archipeligo. its really good for donations, not so much for fighting/trading/pillaging though. i do like to hear opinions about it though Laughing
Back to top Go down
ShermDawg

ShermDawg

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: 2 Hours or less   Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Towns in clusters that are two hours or less (by merchant ship) are probably the best setup. The time for warships then doubles to 4 hours or less. On alpha and xi when I played (over a year ago) I had some remote towns but I tried to keep them close to allies and had to rely on trade more that I wanted to. I may plant a remote or two near Groth to be able to increase the footprint of our alliance. Groth may also want to plant towns closer to the core of our alliance.
Back to top Go down
Groth
Admin
Groth

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 pm

ShermDawg wrote:
I may plant a remote or two near Groth to be able to increase the footprint of our alliance.

Yeah, THAT would definitely be cool.

ShermDawg wrote:
Groth may also want to plant towns closer to the core of our alliance.

I'm already working towards that. I still have 3 GRs to upgrade, though. I finished upgrading my palace to lvl-4 just today.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
Admin
DarkChaos

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:38 am

Groth, I was thinking.... you know the invite link that every player has... well what you could do is post that on your facebook paege, twitter or another social networking site that you may use (if you use any). That way your friends will join ikariam on your islands and they can join the alliance.
Back to top Go down
Groth
Admin
Groth

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 am

Won't work for me. I'm just registered on one such project, but my "friends" there have other interests and are rather non-english speaking.
Back to top Go down
larry parisii

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 pm

ImDaSpecailKid wrote:

HELLO! i wanted to ask what you guys think is the best town set up. i usually aim for 5marbles, 3wines 2crystal and 2sulphurs. but that is because im boring and too lazy to farm alot Razz but i know people with only crystal towns and only sulphur towns (i had to lol when i saw those towns Razz)

and also do you rather your towns close together or further apart?

In terms of town setup, I like having 1 sulfur and 1 crystal, two wines, and the rest marble. It seems to me that between trading post and farming, you can get enough of the other stuff for the GR upgrades. What you must have a lot of, is marble. I try to have as many of those towns as possible.

In terms of distance, I'm definitely on the side of having them as close as possible. At some point the game turns into a game of transporting stuff from point A to point B. The smaller the travel time the better. A diamond cluster is ideal. On Beta, adhering to that principle, I have 6 (soon to be 7) marble towns on the same island. 10 minute travel time, and talk about maximizing donations... None of my towns are more than 28 minute transport time away from any other.

BTW, did I count 12 colonies in your town setup?
Back to top Go down
ImDaSpecailKid

ImDaSpecailKid

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:23 pm

yep, my end goal in any sever is 12towns
Back to top Go down
DarkChaos
Admin
DarkChaos

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 am

12 towns... nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Town setup!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Town setup!    Town setup!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Town setup!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Poseidons Will :: Tips & Tricks :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to: